Here are two quick demos with playing some sound on the board:
No soldering required, just plug it in, setup and off you go with your prototype!
I just had some time to play with it enough to set up the environment and get a few program going. Below are some useful links and screenshots. I was able to go thru the two sound tutorials:
1. Get the latest Arduino software.
2. Here is the Adafruit Getting Started with Circuit Playground instructions.
3. Circuit Playground Intro
4. Make sure you can see the serial port:
MacBook-Air:~ echou$ ls /dev/cu*
5. Setup screenshots:
6. I was able to get to these three tutorials:
- Playground Speaker
- Circuit Playground Library:
- The sound of music:
The only thing that I found for the sound of music tutorial is that extra library is needed besides pitches.h:
I am really looking forward to tinker with it more, the idea really is to integrate this with Raspberry Pi and Python to make some interesting project!