My MakerBot Replicator 2 nozzle got clogged up a few weeks ago. This was how it got jammed up: since the filament gets tangled up all the time, I was cutting out a certain length of filament ahead of time. One time I wasnt paying attention and the filament ran to the very end, pass the motor, and got stuck.
Knowing what I know now, I could have probably just take the motor on the back off and use a plier to pull out that string of filament. But at the time I decided to replace the whole heater block by Fargo. I am really glad I did, it was a fraction of the cost and was a great learning experience. Here is the instruction video:
Here are some pictures from my own printer that I took:
Here is the jam itself:
I label the parts I took off and during which step because I was paranoid:
The insulation tape was in pretty bad shape:
New and old heater block:
Happy Prints after replacement.....